Aug 16, 2011

Padre Burgos, Quezon || Borawan Island

DestinationBorawan Island
Location: Padre Burgos, Quezon
When: June 04 - 05, 2011
Departure from Manila: 9:00 am
Travel Forecast: Have you tried Rock Climbing? I haven't, but I'm about to :)

I tell you, it's the adrenaline rush that made me do it.  If you haven't yet, you gotta give it a try.


Was having a major cramp by this time lol

I've tried indoor wall climbing (like ages ago). It was fun, but not as much fun as doing it on an actual boulder, which by the way is overlooking the beach. Suhweet! :D The best setting for some back breaking stretches, because for my small frame, (which translates to "short" by the way) I really needed to reach far and extend every limb.


So, we went to Quezon Saturday morning, and arrived there about 8 hours later LOL No, it's not your average  travel time (which I believe is about 3-4 hours). We had a lot of stopovers, so you're fine. :) We stayed the night at a friends place in Agdangan, Quezon, a 15-20 minute drive to the port.


At 6AM the following day, we were on our way to Padre Burgos to meet Kuya Bebot (Cel # 09076840969), a very dependable guide and boatman. We rented two boats (one can fit 6-8  I believe).


Are we really climbing this? Gulp. (Borawan Island)
Docked and unloaded, the rest of the crew went up this huge boulder to set up the climbing gears. Let's not talk about the technical aspects please. I really have no idea! haha not much help am I?
The ropes.
We have 3 extraordinary gentlemen assisting us during the climb. So let's hear the disclaimer...Don't do this on your own! A month before this trip, a climbing accident happened which prompted the owner of the island to refrain anyone else from suffering the same fate. We had to go there Saturday afternoon to assure them that we have the proper equipment along with professional climbers to aid us during the entire climb. Safety first!


While waiting for the actual climb, some of us went island hopping. Boat rental costs Php 1,300, this includes the Island hop and the ride to Borawan.


Writing this post 2 months after the trip was such a bad idea, I can barely remember the details LOL I'll show you the pics but I won't have much details, my bad (Again!).


Halo-Halo, to prepare you for the extreme heat ahead.
Here's one of the 3 caves we visited


We spent a good hour going in and around the caves, near dehydration due to the intense heat. If you are up for a real good sweat, then ask to be taken here. I guess just mention the caves to your boatman and he'd surely know about this place.


Off to Dampalitan Island. I wasn't expecting much, since all I can think of is how I can't wait to take a dip to wash off this humid and clammy feeling, and then I saw the shore, and I was like, nice!
Dampalitan Island
One thing to be careful of, JELLYFISH, and a lot of them! It may be the season, I don't know, but just remember that they are all over the place.  This is what I like about Dampalitan, is that although they require a Php 35.00 entrance fee per person, they have this netted area to keep the jellies from eating you alive. You can also rent a cottage or pitch a tent for an overnight stay.


On our way back to Borawan...saw this really neat rock formation. 


Tell me, who does he look like? :)
Time to go Rock Climbing :D


Extremely F.U.N.
Alright you guys, stay tuned for my next post.


Ta-ta :D





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...