Aug 18, 2011

Camiguin Island || Day 3

Wait, wait...
Here's Day 1
and Day 2
Now, moving along....


Travel Forecast: The highly anticipated and much awaited White Beach


1. White Beach - Php 20 Environmental Fee


drum roll please...



Uh-huh, words fail me. All I could think of was, "holy crap, W.O.W. lol!" I wasn't expecting much or at least I try not to. 


I noticed during my research (sounds too serious lol) that food stalls were found on this sandbar (from some pics I saw online), which kinda ruined it for me but soon learned that it was only during peak season. Even then, I still wish that they wouldn't. I mean c'mon, it just doesn't fit in.


We had this place all to ourselves, except for the lone life guard and a few fisherman passing by.


Mt. Hibok Hibok hiding behind the clouds
Yes, this umbrella was necessary. We rented a bigger one too :)
oh hello there :)












































and here's what we've been up to
2. Sto. Niño Cold Spring - Php 40 Entrance Fee
and in case you're wondering, yes, it is cold!
Locals outside the resort will approach you handing over a menu for lunch. You can bring your own, but if you don't have any, get your food ordered before going in the resort. We spent about Php 200 each. And while waiting for food, go ahead and explore the resort or summon the courage to take a dip LOL

inside the spring...
Don't forget that Banana Cue!

3. Church Ruins
entrance to the ruins
nothing much to do really
4. Cross Marker & Sunken Cemetery
i bet this is lovely during sunset

5. Stations of the Cross


I was intent on counting the number of steps till the last station but past midway during the hike up,  there were no more steps to count LOL so I was like, whoever said there were 100 steps to the top must have been heavily doped.  


here's proof that we made it to the top :)
I counted about 130+ steps haha sorry forgot the actual count. The pathway is still a work in progress, some parts have this rough terrain (pic above). A lady who you pay the entrance fee to said there's a crater at the end of the trail so this got us really excited and decided to finish the climb, but she lied. I guess she meant at the very top of the mountain...oh well at least we get some braggin' rights for seeing this through :)


Ta-ta :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...