May 29, 2011

Siniloan, Laguna || Mt. Romelo

I have met quite a few true blue mountaineers and was blown away by their stories. I haven't had the pleasure to share my own experience, but now I finally get the chance :)


DestinationMt. Romelo
Location: Siniloan, Laguna
When: May 14, 2011
Departure from Manila: 6:00 am
Travel Forecast:  Lack of sleep + trekking can't be a good thing lol



The one and only. Buruwisan Falls

After a few stop overs we were on our way to Mt. Romelo. The trek started at 10:00 in the morning which I knew can't be a good thing. The sun was unforgiving. It took us 3 hours to the summit and along the way, I keep telling myself "Baby steps, baby steps" as advised by our guide. And who would have thought, I made it :D 
Manure infested ditch lol
A few signs along the way
Precisely.
There are 4 frequently visited falls surrounding the area, but we were out of time and and so we settled for 2. The first one which is located upstream was Batya-Batya Falls. I was not able to take photos because it required a dip in the water and I cannot possibly let my cam do the same (not without his gear). :D

As I mentioned, I am at a disadvantage when we talk about having to swim, since I am a dead weight in water. There are two ways to get to Batya-Batya which is a two-level falls. One is to swim through the stream, which can be deep at some parts, or go up a steep terrain and hold on to tree roots (I prefer the safety of the roots).

I stayed at the base of the falls as I watch my friends go up the second level of Batya-Batya which they later told me has a much better view (go ahead rub it in).

And now, what we've all been waiting for, rappelling next to Buruwisan Falls. I'm not sure about the exact height of this towering wonder of nature but there's a few debate going on, so let's just say it's between 120-180 ft.
First one down
Rappelling, the unconventional way
Time flies when your having fun. It sure does! Cause we still have to go back, and it can be a bit tricky when you don't have some light to guide you. Well, at least we had the moon softly illuminating the way :)

Careful now... 
After an hour and a half we were back at the town proper. A few stretching then took a dip in the river. Brrrr....

Nature love. See you next time...

Ta-Ta :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...